2018 Amazon Echo smart speakers launched in India
- Amazon has launched three next-gen Alexa powered smart speakers in India, namely Echo Dot, Eco Plus and Echo Sub. The new lineup also includes the Echo Show and Echo Auto, which haven’t been launched here as yet.
- The next-generation Echo Dot and Echo Plus are priced on par with their predecessors, which is Rs 4,499 and Rs 14,999, respectively. The Echo Sub, on the other hand, will set you back by Rs 12,999.
- The new Echo Dot sports a redesigned look with fabric finish, more pronounced curves, and new colours – Charcoal, Heather Gray, and Sandstone. Amazon also claims to have improved the sound quality of the new model.
- The third-gen Echo Plus gets in-built Zigbee smart home hub, allowing users to easily pair it with compatible smart home devices without any additional hubs or apps. Then, the Echo Plus also gets a 3-inch integrated Neodymium woofer and increased volume. Colour options for this speaker are the same as the new Echo Dot.
- Finally, the Eco Sub is a new wireless subwoofer that adds bass to any existing Echo speaker (which is necessary to use this). To make it work, users have to say, “Alexa, turn up the bass”.