2018 Apple iPad Pro 12.9 leaked in CAD renders
- New renders have leaked the 2018 iPad Pro 12.9, which will shed its large bezels in favour of symmetrical slim bezels on all four sides, thus giving it an all-new look.
- The 2018 iPad Pro series will do away with the iconic home button in favour of iOS’ new gesture based navigation. Like the iPhone X, Face ID will replace the fingerprint scanner as well.
- Since iPads cannot be completely bezel less for the sake of ergonomics, the front camera and Face ID hardware will rest on the top bezel, thus eliminating the need for a notch.
- However, the renders reveal that just like iPhones, Apple will also bid adieu to the 3.5mm headphone jack on the 2018 iPad Pro.
- Powering the 2018 iPad Pro models will be Apple’s new A12X chip, which will debut alongside the new A12 chip in the 2018 iPhones on September 12, 2018.