2018 Hyundai Santro launched at Rs 3.89 lakh
- After a brief hiatus, the Hyundai Santro has finally to India returned in a brand new avatar. The 2018 model is priced between Rs 3.89-5.45 lakh (ex-showroom) and comes with a 3 year/ 100,000 km warranty and 3 year Road Side Assistance.
- The 2018 Santro builds upon previous Santro’s tallboy stance and combines it with Hyundai’s ongoing Fluidic design language. A lot of its design elements are inspired by the Grand i10 and even the first-gen i10. It offers safety features like ABS with EBD and driver-side airbag as standard on all variants.
- Interior is where Hyundai has significantly taken the game up with the new Santro. There’s a premium looking beige & black cabin which, on the top-spec variant, houses a large 7.0-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink support. It’s also the first car in this segment to have a rear AC vent.
- The 2018 Santro also brings the option of a 5-speed AMT gearbox (a first on any Hyundai) along with a 5-speed manual. Either gearbox is mated to a 1,066 cc, 4-cylinder petrol engine that’s good for producing 68 bhp and 99 Nm. Both transmission models return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 20.3 km/l.
- Also on offer is a CNG variant. This variant is less powerful than its petrol counterpart, producing 58 bhp and 84 Nm. The 2018 Santro CNG can go 30.5 km on a kg of gas and does not get the option of an AMT gearbox.
|2018 Santro variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Petrol (MT)||Petrol (AMT)||CNG (MT)|
|Magna||4.57 lakh||5.18 lakh||5.23 lakh|
|Sportz||4.99 lakh||5.46 lakh||5.64 lakh|