2018 Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs 1.19 crore
- The third-generation Porsche Cayenne has been launched in India in three variants – base, e-Hybrid and Turbo.
- The third-gen Cayenne is based on the Volkswagen Group’s MLB-evo platform, which also underpins the Lamborghini Urus, Audi Q7 and Bentley Bentayga. This platform makes the new Cayenne dimensionally larger than its predecessor, but lighter by 65 kg at the same time.
- The base Cayenne is powered by a 3.0-litre V6 turbo-petrol engine that generates 330 bhp and 450 Nm. On the other hand, the top-end Cayenne Turbo has a 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 petrol that pumps out 542 bhp and 770 Nm.
- Since Porsche has moved away from diesels, the Cayenne diesel is a thing of past. Replacing it is the new Cayenne e-Hybrid which has a 3.0-litre V6 with 455 bhp and 700 Nm that works with a 14.1 kWh battery. The battery can provide an all-electric range of up to 44 km.
- Being a performance-oriented luxury SUV, the 2018 Cayenne’s Panamera inspired cabin comes loaded with all bells and whistles you can think of in a vehicle costing north of Rs 1 crore.
|2018 Cayenne variant||Price (ex-showroom)|