2018 wrap-up: Best car launches of the year
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: The third-gen model of India’s most sought-after hatchback has already found over one lakh takers in less than a year from its launch! The Swift is an insanely popular car in India thanks to its youthful design and good value for money quotient. While the latest model carries forward its engines from the previous-gen Swift, it offers – for the first time – an AMT automatic option with both petrol and diesel powertrains.
- Honda Amaze: The second-gen Honda Amaze has been a major step up in terms of design and quality over the car it has replaced. Additionally, it offers a diesel CVT option, which no other compact sedan has. While the exterior of the car may be a bit polarising, the interior is definitely handsome and comes with good equipment levels.
- Mahindra Marazzo: The Marazzo is a handsome and a well-priced MPV from the homegrown carmaker. Positioned between the Ertiga and Innova, the Marazzo uses a unique front-wheel drive setup, despite being based on a ladder frame chassis.
- Hyundai Santro: The Hyundai Santro has been resurrected this year in the form of a very feature-rich car. The new Santro gets segment-leading features like a touchscreen infotainment system and a rear AC vent which set it apart from the competition. To expand its market, Hyundai is also offering an AMT gearbox and a factory fitted CNG kit with the new hatchback.
- Tata JTP twins: The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP are the first Indian mass-market cars that prioritise performance over everything else. These cars offer stiffer suspension, more power and bespoke exterior changes which would surely appeal to young enthusiasts. And prices are quite affordable too!