- Indian Motorcycle has launched the FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica in India. The former is priced at Rs 14.99 lakh while the latter costs Rs 15.49 lakh (both ex-showroom).
- The Indian FTR 1200 series is inspired by the FTR750 race bike which competes in the American Flat Track championship series. These bikes belong to the litre-class streetfighter category.
- At the heart of these bikes is a new 1,203 cc V-Twin that’s good for generating 118 bhp of power and 115 Nm of torque. This motor uses extensive magnesium for weight saving and has a low-inertia crankshaft for better acceleration.
- Equipment list on the bikes includes Bosch stability control, riding modes, radially mounted dual Brembo brakes, inverted front suspension, and a 4.3-inch colour touchscreen instrument cluster.
- The Indian FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica can now be booked for a token amount of Rs 2 lakh. Deliveries will begin from April 2019.
- Nokia’s newest upper mid-ranger, the 8.1, has been launched in India at a price tag of Rs 26,999.
- The Nokia 8.1 is a successor to the Nokia 7 Plus which was launched earlier this year. The phone has a 6.18-inch FHD+ display with a notch, a Snapdragon 710 chipset, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage.
- In terms of optics, the device sports a 12MP f/1.8 primary rear camera that’s coupled with a 13MP depth sensing unit. Up front, there’s a 20MP f/2.0 camera. This phone also allows users to operate front & rear cameras at the same time using the ‘Bothie’ mode.
- The phone has a decently sized 3,500mAh battery which can be topped up using the 18W fast charging adaptor that comes inside the box.
- The Nokia 8.1 will be sold in India in Blue/ Silver and Iron/ Steel colour options from December 25, 2018. It will be available to buy both from online and offline retail channels.
- Samsung has kickstarted the display punch hole trend the new Galaxy A8s.
- Flaunting Samsung’s 6.4-inch FHD+ Infinity-O display, the Galaxy A8s has a hole on the upper left side of its screen that houses its selfie camera. This design allows for a bezel-less phone without any need of a notch.
- The A8s is an upper mid-range phone that is powered by the Snapdragon 710 SoC paired with either 6 or 8GB of RAM.
- The phone sports a triple camera setup which consists of a 24MP f/1.7 primary shooter, a 10MP f/2.4 telephoto lens and a third 5MP module for depth sensing. The 6.7 mm wide display hole up front holds the phone’s 24MP selfie camera.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8s carries a 3,400 mAh battery that charges over USB-C. Unfortunately, it’s also the first Samsung device to ditch the 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- The Kicks, Nissan’s new rival to the immensely popular Hyundai Creta, will be available to book form December 14, 2018.
- Nissan has now revealed the compact SUV’s interior, and it looks quite different from that of the global-spec model. The cabin has a brown and black colour scheme with soft touch leather on certain parts. The centre console has two vertical AC vents flanking the big infotainment screen.
- The infotainment screen is a big 8.0-inch touchscreen unit. Other features on the Nissan Kicks include a 360-degree surround view camera, USB port, charging socket, digital speedometer, six-way adjustable driver’s seat, push-button start, cruise control, cornering lights and hill-start assist.
- As speculated, the Kicks will share its powertrains with the Renault Captur. So, on offer are two 1.5-litre petrol & diesel engines – the former makes 105 bhp while the latter makes 108.5 bhp.
- The Nissan Kicks will launch in India in January 2019 and is expected to be priced between Rs 9.5-15 lakh (ex-showroom). The Terrano is rumoured to be discontinued once the Kicks is launched.
- The Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 will come with many official accessories, and Royal Enfield has now revealed their prices (see table below).
- Just like the two brilliantly priced bikes, the accessories too carry a super competitive price tag.
- Most accessories are compatible with both the Interceptor 650 as well as the and Continental GT 650. However, the two bikes have their exclusive accessories too.
- The Royal Enfield 650 twins are India’s most affordable 650 cc bikes. Both have a 648 cc parallel-twin motor that generates 47 bhp of max power and 52 Nm of peak torque. There’s a 6-speed gearbox with a standard slipper clutch as well.
- Alongside the accessories, Royal Enfield has also updated its riding gear collection which includes new jackets, riding pants, helmets and motorcycle gloves.
|Pannier Mounting Kit||1,600|
|Heel Guard||800 (Interceptor); 1,200 (GT)|
|Large Engine Guard||2,900 (mild steel); 3,100 (stainless steel)|
|Compact Engine Guard||2,600 (mild steel); 2900 (stainless steel)|
|Machined Bar-end Kit||1,100|
|Water Resistant Bike Cover||900|
|Aluminium Sump Guard||1,850|
|Fork Gaiter Kit||850|
|Rear Suspension Finisher Kit||1,250|
|Intake Cover Kit||1,350|
|Machined Oil Filler Cap||775|
|Machined Front Reservoir Cap||675|
|Handlebar Brace Pad (Interceptor only)||600|
|Single Seat Cowl (GT only)||2,500|
|Single Rider Seat (GT only)||3,200|
- The Xiaomi Poco F1, which is regarded as the best value for money smartphone of 2018, has gotten even more tempting thanks to a permanent price cut.
- All three variants of the device are now cheaper by Rs 1,000. Therefore, the starting price of the F1 now stands at Rs 19,999, as compared to Rs 20,999 before.
- Xiaomi claims that since its launch in August this year, the Poco F1 has found over 7,00,000 takers globally.
- The smartphone will get Android 9.0 Pie update very soon, and on top of that, Xiaomi has also confirmed that the F1 is eligible for Android Q as well.
- The Poco F1 offers top-notch hardware at a disruptive price tag. It has a Snapdragon 845 SoC with liquid cooling, 6/ 8GB of RAM, a big 4,000mAh battery, infrared-based face unlock, etc.
- The Apple Watch Series 4’s most hyped feature has been its inbuilt Electrocardiogram (ECG) sensor, which only became functional last week in the USA via an update.
- In this brief time, this feature has allegedly already saved a Reddit user’s life.
- The person has claimed that shortly after enabling the ECG feature on his Apple Watch Series 4, he received an abnormal heart-rate notification on the watch. Consequently, he took a quick ECG reading, which claimed that he was experiencing an atrial fibrillation (Afib).
- The user went to a doctor to verify if this was correct, and after a brief checkup, it indeed came out to be true! The person is now undergoing further diagnosis to help him overcome this problem.
- Sounds great, doesn’t it? However, it must be kept in mind that your India-spec Apple Watch Series 4 will never warn you of such an event because the ECG feature is only available in the USA.
- McLaren’s Super Series has been updated with a new Ferrari 488 Spider rival in the form of the 720S Spider.
- The drop-top unit on the supercar is a single piece, retractable carbon fibre panel which ensures that the Spider is only 49 kilos heavier than its Coupe sibling. It takes about 11 seconds to drop/ raise can be operated at speeds up to 50 km/h.
- Thanks to its controlled kerb weight, the 720S Spider takes just 2.9 seconds to go from 0-100 km/h, which is the same as the 720S Coupe. Also, the former is 88 kg lighter than the 488 Spider.
- The mid-mounted 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 motor on the McLaren 720S Spider generates 710 bhp of max power and 770 Nm of peak torque. A 7-speed gearbox channels this mechanical force to the supercar’s rear wheels.
- The carbon fibre Monocage II-S structure from the Coupe is carried forward on the Spider as well. It includes rollover protection thereby eliminating any need for extra chassis strengthening on this drop-top.
- The Samsung Galaxy S10, which should go official sometime in February 2019, is rumoured to come in three form factors.
- Now, famed leakster Evan Blass has shared a case manufacturer’s renders of the S10 series, which claim that the three screen sizes on offer will be 5.8-inch, 6.1-inch and 6.4-inch. Also, the top and bottom bezels on these phones appear to be negligent.
- The smallest model here is the new addition – it will allegedly be called the Galaxy S10 Lite and will have a 5.8-inch screen with a camera punch hole in the top centre. This will be joined by the ‘regular’ Galaxy S10 with a 6.1-inch screen of the same design.
- Interestingly, according to the leaks, the Galaxy S10 Plus will have two punched holes on top of its Note 9-like 6.4-inch display for dual front cameras.
- What’s worth noting is that previous leaks and renders of the Galaxy S10 series have shown the punch camera hole on the top right side of the screen instead of being on the centre. Therefore, all these renders must be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Nissan India has officially commenced the production of its upcoming Kicks compact SUV at its Chennai plant.
- The Kicks will be Nissan’s biggest mass-market launch since the Terrano came in 2013. It will go head-on against the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.
- While the Kicks is sold in global markets as well, the India-spec model is different from the former since it sits atop Renault-Nissan’s cost effective B0 platform. The different platform also makes the India-spec Kicks more spacious versus its global counterpart.
- The SUV is expected to borrow the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines from the Renault Duster. However, Nissan is yet to reveal the Kicks’ tech specs as well as its interiors.
- Expect the new SUV to launch in India in January 2019. Also, it is rumoured that the Terrano will be axed once the Kicks arrives in the market.