2019 Bentley Continental GT Convertible breaks cover
- The next-gen Bentley Continental GT has been revealed in all its glory. The car will go on sale in key global markets by mid-2019.
- Being a grand tourer, the 2019 Continental GT Convertible proudly houses a 6.0-litre W12 petrol engine under its bonnet that generates 626 horsepower and a monstrous 900 Nm of peak torque. Consequently, it can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in under 4 seconds and can go all the way up to 333 km/h.
- When compared to the latest Continental GT Coupe, the Convertible sits lower due to its front wheels being positioned 135 mm further ahead. However, the bold front end and the slick rear with elliptical tail lamps are shared between both body styles.
- The drop-top features a new Z-fold roof mechanism that offers a three-decibel reduction in overall noise inside the cabin. The roof, which can be operated at speeds up to 50 km/h, takes 19 seconds to go up/ down.
- Being a Bentley, the luxury quotient of the interior remains extremely high. There’s a 12.3-inch infotainment screen in the centre that can be exchanged for three analogue dials or completely hidden using the Bentley rotating display. Then, there’s a 2,200W audio system, 20-way power adjustable seats, trimmed leather, etc.