2019 BMW 3 Series breaks cover
- The much-anticipated 2019 BMW 3 Series has been revealed in all its glory in Paris. This marks the eighth-generation of the popular luxury saloon.
- The styling of the 2019 3 Series, while not groundbreaking, is a slick evolution of BMW’s design philosophy. While the front is largely inspired by the latest 5 Series, the rear is quite distinguishable from other BMWs thanks to those new, slimmer tail lamps. The car’s overall footprint is larger as well.
- The cabin of the new 3 Series adopts the clean look which debuted with the new 8 Series. It includes features like new air vent design, dashboard integrated infotainment display and a digital instrument cluster.
- The 2019 BMW 3 Series will get various powertrain options depending on the region it’s sold in. North America will get two petrols – a 4-cylinder and an inline-6. Europe will get three diesel engines in addition to two 4-cylinder petrols. All engines come mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. In India, we can expect the mid-spec petrol (255 bhp) and diesel (187 bhp) to be offered.
- Going with the trend, the 2019 3 Series will also come with driver assistance tech. For instance, its gearbox can work with the navigation system and adaptive cruise control for better shifts. Then, the car can self-drive in large traffic jams at speeds up to 60 km/h.