2019 BMW Z4 launched in India
- The 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster has been launched in India. The base sDrive20i variant is priced at Rs 64.90 lakh, while the higher M40i will set you back by Rs 78.90 lakh (both ex-showroom).
- The 2019 Z4 Roadster – which sits atop the German company’s new CLAR platform – drops the previous-gen model’s hard-top roof for a new electrically operated fabric hood which has allowed BMW to chop 60 kg off the car’s kerb weight.
- The M40i variant of the droptop is powered by an inline-6 twin-turbo petrol engine that’s capable of generating 335 bhp of max and 500 Nm of peak torque.
- The less powerful sDrive20i variant uses a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbo petrol which churns out 197 bhp and 320 Nm. Both engines come mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- Standard equipment on the top-end Z4 M40i includes a leather & Alcantara interior with blue contrast stitching, a 364W Harman Kardon system, head-up display, M sports seats with additional adjustment options, an M leather steering wheel, etc.