2019 BMW Z4 unveiled
- After a two year hiatus, the BMW Z4 brand is back with a brand new third-generation model. The car has been revealed at the 2018 Monterey Car Week.
- The design of the 2019 BMW Z4 remains largely identical to the Concept Z4 which was showcased last year. The new Z4 ditches the previous model’s hard-top roof in favour of a new electrically operated fabric hood. This saves 60 kg from the car’s kerb weight.
- The new Z4 sits atop a slightly modified version of BMW’s CLAR platform which underpins most new BMW models. This platform will also be shared with the new Toyota Supra, which is said to be developed alongside the Z4.
- The 2019 Z4 model is the flagship M40i M Performance First Edition. It houses a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder petrol engine under its hood that makes 335 bhp and takes the car from 0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds. A 6-speed manual or an 8-speed auto will be the gearbox options.
- The cabin of the 2019 Z4 is also all-new. It sports a fresh new aesthetic appeal along with equipment like digital instrument panel, wide infotainment display, Harman Kardon sound system, heads-up display, etc. as standard.