2019 Honda Civic launched at Rs 17.70 lakh
- The tenth-gen Honda Civic has been launched in India between Rs 17.70-22.30 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The new Civic brings a breath of fresh air to the shrinking executive saloon segment with its sharp, 4-door coupe-like design and a modern interior.
- Unlike the previous Civic, the new model gets a diesel engine – a 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder unit which generates 118 bhp and 300 Nm. The petrol engine, on the other hand, is a 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder, naturally aspirated unit that makes 139 bhp and 174 Nm.
- The diesel Civic, which only comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, returns an outstanding 26.8 km/l as per ARAI tests. The petrol version is offered only with a CVT gearbox and it’s rated at 16.5 km/l.
- Notable equipment on the top-spec 2019 Civic ZX trim includes electric sunroof, leather upholstery, 6 airbags, dual-zone climate control, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 17-inch alloys and lane watch camera system (a segment first).
- The Civic’s main rivals in India include the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Corolla Altis.
|2019 Civic variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|VX||19.20 lakh||20.50 lakh|
|ZX||21 lakh||22.30 lakh|