2019 Honda Civic spied testing in India for the first time
- Honda has confirmed that it will bring back the Civic in India next year. Now, a test prototype of the upcoming saloon (see below) has been spotted in India for the first time by IAB.
- India will get the latest iteration of the Civic, which is the facelifted version of the tenth-gen model. The car which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo was the pre-facelift version.
- With the facelift, the Honda Civic has gained subtle design changes and new feature additions such as smoked headlamps, new bumpers and an updated infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.
- The India-spec model – for the first time – will come with a 1.6-litre diesel engine with 118 bhp and 300 Nm that debuted on the new CR-V. Also on offer will be a 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol that generates 139 bhp and 174 Nm.
- Even though the D-segment saloon space is shrinking, it has very capable contenders like the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Corolla Altis. The Honda Civic will join this segment early next year.