2019 Indian Car Of The Year announced
- The 2019 Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY) award has been won by the new Maruti Suzuki Swift.
- Now in its third generation, the Swift has long been India’s most sought after hatchback thanks to its combination of youthful design, good driving dynamics and pocket-friendly maintenance.
- The latest Swift was launched in India at the 2018 Auto Expo with a brand new design and more features. While engines remain the same, the hatch, for the first time, offers an automatic gearbox (AMT) option with both petrol and diesel engines.
- The Swift sells in big numbers in India. In June this year, the third-gen Swift became the fastest car in the Indian automotive history to find one lakh takers – it achieved this milestone in just 4 months from its launch!
- Other top honours at the 2019 ICOTY awards were given to the new Hyundai Santro and second-gen Honda Amaze, respectively.