2019 Indian Motorcycle Of The Year announced
- The 2019 Indian Motorcycle Of The Year (IMOTY) award has been won by the new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.
- The Interceptor, along with the Continental GT 650, has been extremely well received by the critics and buyers alike because these are the very well engineered and high-quality offerings from RE.
- Additionally, RE launched these bikes at disruptive price tags of under Rs 3 lakh ex-showroom, making them the most affordable 650 cc parallel-twins you can buy in India.
- The Interceptor has a slightly broader appeal than the GT 650 because of its relaxed riding posture and touring-friendly ergonomics. The GT 650, on the other hand, is a cafe racer with a committed riding posture.
- Other top honours at the 2019 IMOTY awards were given to the Yamaha R15 V3 and TVS Apache RR 310, which came second and third, respectively.