2019 iPhone series reveal confirmed for September 10
- As previously rumoured, the new 2019 iPhone series is now confirmed to go official on September 10. Three new iPhones will be revealed which will be successors to the current iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
- However, the naming scheme with this year’s iPhones might take the weird route. While certain leaks suggest that the new series will be called iPhone 11/ iPhone XI, others claim that just like the iPad, Apple will discontinue the generation suffix scheme on the iPhone. So, the phone series will be simply called ‘iPhone’.
- It gets weirder from here since the XR successor is said to be called simply the iPhone, the XS successor will be iPhone Pro, while the XS Max successor will be iPhone Pro Max!
- While we await more concrete information about the official 2019 iPhone names, it is clear that the two more expensive models will finally gain an ultra-wide-angle rear camera in addition to their primary and telephoto modules. The entry-level model will also get dual rear cameras this time around.
- Perhaps the most exciting part about the 2019 iPhones will be their new A13 chipsets, since Apple chips are usually industry-leading in terms of performance. On the not-so-exciting side of things, the phones will continue to look like their predecessors with the controversial display notch not going anywhere.
Watch our iPhone XR review: