2019 iPhones may retain similar designs
- Popular analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has released a new note which claims that 2019 iPhones will not be much different from the 2018 models.
- Kuo – whose Apple-related predictions are generally accurate – says that this year’s iPhones will have the same screen sizes and same notches as the 2018 lineup. Then, the base XR follow up will continue to use an LCD display instead of an OLED.
- Then, the 2019 models will not switch to the USB-C standard like the new iPad Pros. They will continue to use Apple’s proprietary lightning connector for data transfer and charging.
- Also, at least one of the new models – possibly the follow up to the XS Max – will boast a triple rear camera setup. While not confirmed, going by the market trend, Apple will likely add an ultra-wide angle lens to the device’s camera setup.
- Finally, the new iPhones are also expected to have reverse wireless charging – a feature popularised by the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. This functionality will come handy for AirPods users, which will soon be upgraded to incorporate wireless charging.