2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA breaks cover
- The second-gen Merc CLA has debuted with a brand new design and a larger footprint. It’s based on a heavily re-engineered version of the outgoing model’s platform.
- On the outside, the 2019 CLA echoes the design philosophy of the new A-Class family, but being a youth-oriented 4-door coupe, it sports sharply raked nose, sweeping roofline and of course, frameless doors.
- Inside, the dashboard has a dual screen layout along with Merc’s characteristic turbine-style air vents. There’s also the latest MBUX infotainment system with voice recognition control.
- The new CLA also gets semi-autonomous driving abilities thanks to various onboard systems such as active brake, lane keeping & lane change assist, etc. Also available is Pre-safe Plus – a system that can detect an imminent rear-end collision and prepare the CLA for it.
- The debut model is the CLA250 which comes powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine capable of generating 221 horsepower. However, the car will also borrow other petrol and diesel powertrains from the new A-Class.