2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE officially revealed
- The all-new 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE is based on the German company’s new MHA platform, which is specifically developed for SUVs.
- Bringing a new design language to Mercedes SUVs, the 2019 GLE sits on a wheelbase that’s 80 mm longer than before, thus granting it more cabin space. Consequently, the GLE can now also accommodate a third row of seats.
- The 2019 GLE debuts with a new superior version of Merc’s Magic Body Control, allowing the spring and damping forces to be individually controlled at each wheel. This helps to counteract the SUV’s body roll, thereby giving it better driving dynamics.
- The GLE450 will be the debut variant of the 2019 model which is powered by an inline 6-cylinder petrol engine combined with a 48V motor. This setup pumps out 364 bhp, with an additional 22 bhp available for short periods (EQ Boost) thanks to that electric motor. A 9-speed automatic gearbox comes mated to this powertrain setup and 4MATIC is standard.
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE will also be followed by the GLE Coupe and the hot AMG tuned variant very soon.