2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE spied
- Ahead of its imminent debut, the next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE has been spied with minimal disguise, thus fully revealing the upcoming SUV’s design.
- The 2019 GLE is based on Merc’s latest design philosophy which grants it sleek head and tail lamps and an aggressive grille. The spied prototype is also wearing the AMG body kit.
- The cabin of the new Merc GLE has a characteristic widescreen layout which consists of two screens, one for infotainment and other as a replacement for traditional gauges. Despite the screen heavy layout, the new GLE will still have physical buttons and knobs for better ergonomics.
- Powertrains on the 2019 GLE are likely to be shared with the E-Class. However, we expect Merc’s new 48V mild-hybrid system to be standard on multiple variants of this SUV to enhance its economy.
- The current GLE – formerly ML-Class – debuted in 2011, which makes it quite dated. With the new model, Merc has a better chance to compete with newer rivals like the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Volvo XC90, etc.