2019 Porsche 911 unleashed
- The eighth-generation Porsche 911 has gone official in two avatars – Carrera S and Carrera 4S.
- On the face of it, it’s hard to distinguish the new model from its predecessor, which should not be a surprise since its iconic silhouette remains intact. However, look closer and you’ll notice new bumpers, pop-out door handles, a brand new rear with a long horizontal LED strip and new oval exhausts.
- The changes on the inside are more significant as the 2019 911’s cockpit prioritises infotainment and is, therefore, screen heavy. Despite all those screens, the tachometer still remains analogue, because it looks so much cooler.
- Powering the new models is a 3.0-litre flat-6 turbo-petrol engine with 443 bhp. The torque out hasn’t been revealed as yet. There’s a new 8-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox mated to this engine. The manual lives on too, however, it will be available “at a later date”.
- The 2019 Porsche 911 now features a standard wide body with wider tracks at both ends. The sportscar sits atop a new platform with aluminium-extensive rear section, improved chassis with standard rear-wheel steering, and better electronic aids like a Wet Mode for slippery roads.