2019 Skoda Scala revealed for Europe
- The new Skoda Scala is official and it will sit below the Octavia in the Czech company’s European lineup. It replaces the Euro-spec Rapid (which was quite different from the Rapid we get in India).
- The Scala Skoda to use Volkswagen’s more cost-efficient MQB A0 platform. Then, it also debuts with a more angular design language that Skoda previewed with the Vision RS concept earlier this year.
- The new aesthetics continue on the inside as well, where a fresh cockpit design dominated by a floating touchscreen infotainment system can be seen. The Skoda Scala will also get an optional virtual cockpit instead of traditional dials.
- Powering the new family hatchback are Volkswagen Group’s familiar set of engines – a 1.0-litre & 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel. Skoda will also add a CNG variant by the end of next year.
- While the Scala is not India-bound, it does give us a preview of Skoda’s future design philosophy which will be carried over to the brand’s India-spec MQB A0 IN based portfolio from 2020.