2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched in India
- Toyota has finally introduced the next-generation Camry in India. It is only available as a hybrid and is priced at Rs 36.95 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The 2019 Camry Hybrid uses a 2.5-litre petrol engine which is paired with an electric motor to pump out a total of 215 bhp and 221 Nm. Toyota’s new lighter and more efficient hybrid tech means that the car returns 23.27 km/l as per ARAI testing.
- The 2019 Camry’s brand new design is dominated by a new wide lower grille, V-shaped upper grille and sleek LED headlights. The rear and side designs are all new as well, though they are less dramatic than the front.
- The cabin gets a sporty new look with a lot of equipment such as an 8-inch infotainment screen, power-reclining rear seats, 3-zone climate control, ventilated front seats, powered sunshades with integrated rear armrest controls, 9-speaker JBL audio system, head-up display, etc.
- The safety kit is top-notch too – 9 airbags, ABS, EBD, traction control, stability control and ISOFIX child seat mounts – all come standard.