2019 Toyota Supra unleashed
- After a very long prelude, the fifth-generation Toyota Supra has finally been revealed in all its glory.
- The new Supra’s overall design mostly echoes that of the FT-1 concept which was showcased a long time back. The only major difference in the production model is the front bumper.
- For those unaware, the 2019 Supra shares its platform with the new BMW Z4. Therefore, a lot of parts inside its cabin have been carried over from BMW, such as the iDrive system dial in the centre console and the floating infotainment screen.
- Also shared between the new Supra and Z4 is the engine – its a 3.0-litre, inline 6-cylinder turbo-petrol unit. However, at 331 bhp and 495 Nm, it’s less powerful in the Supra as compared to the latter. At launch, only an 8-speed automatic gearbox will be offered.
- The car has a very low centre of gravity and a perfect 50:50 weight distribution. Its chassis has been developed in collaboration with Gazoo Racing. All models of the new Supra will also have standard adaptive variable suspension with two settings – Normal and Sport.