2019 WagonR bookings open; launch on January 23
- The next-gen WagonR has been teased by Maruti Suzuki and bookings of the car are now open for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
- The 2019 WagonR is based on Suzuki’s latest Heartect platform which also underpins a lot of other cars such as the Baleno, Swift, Ignis, etc.
- The new model will offer the more powerful 1.2-litre petrol engine from the Swift in addition to the existing 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder unit. The former makes 82 bhp /113 Nm while the latter produces 67 bhp/ 90 Nm. An AMT gearbox will also be offered.
- Inside, the hatchback will gain a new touchscreen infotainment system and steering mounted controls. The dashboard design will be all-new too.
- The 2019 Maruti Suzuki WagonR is confirmed to launch in India on January 23, 2019. It will primarily challenge the recently revived Hyundai Santro.