2019 Yamaha R3 unleashed
- The 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3 has been officially unveiled in Indonesia. This isn’t an all-new model, but an extensive facelift of the current R3.
- Aesthetically, the 2019 R3 looks radically different from the outgoing model thanks to its new design philosophy which makes it fall in line with other R series bikes such as the R1, R6, R15 and R125.
- There’s a new sleeker twin headlamp setup up front with a functional air intake in between. The fairing is now more aerodynamic, whereas the new fuel tank now houses larger knee recesses. The instrument panel is now all-digital.
- To make the riding experience sportier, the 2019 Yamaha R3 features new handlebars which are lower by 22 mm versus the outgoing model. Yamaha has also updated the suspension on the bike, up front there are new 37 mm KYB forks while the rear has a pre-load adjustable KYB monoshock.
- The engine on the 2019 R3 is carried over from the outgoing model. It’s a 321 cc, twin-cylinder unit with 41.4 bhp and 29.6 Nm. However, thanks to the new fairing, the top speed is now increased by 8 km/h. Brakes are carried forward from the previous model as well.