2019 Yamaha R3 unveiled in patent leaks
- The current Yamaha YZF-R3 is nearing the end of its lifecycle, and its successor is said to be in its final stages of development.
- Now, new patent leaks from Australia and Turkey have revealed the 2019 R3’s design entirely. This design will also likely be adopted by the 2019 R25, which is nothing but an R3 with a slightly smaller engine.
- The present R3 is the only bike to not have the new R Series design. This will change next year as the patents show that the 2019 model will have dual full LED headlights with an air-intake in the centre, just like the current R1, R6 and R15.
- Patent leaks also reveal the presence of the upside-down telescopic forks, R1-inspired fuel tank, and a brand new tail section.
- The 2019 Yamaha R3 is reported to be powered by the very same 321 cc, inline 2-cylinder, fuel-injected engine from the current model. However, due to different tuning, power and torque figures might vary.