2020 Honda City spied for the first time
- The upcoming fifth-gen Honda City, which will likely arrive next year, has been spied for the very first time.
- The heavily camouflaged prototype of the car has been spied in Thailand. From the spy photos it’s safe to assume that the new model will be longer and wider than the current-gen model.
- While not much is visible in terms of design, the new Honda City could very well be based on the company’s ongoing sedan design language, so, expect a front grille that merges into the headlamps and boomerang-shaped tail lamps, just like on the Civic and Amaze.
- It is rumoured that the 2020 City will come with a new petrol engine, while the current 1.5-litre diesel engine will be carried over in its updated BSVI-compliant avatar. Also expect a diesel CVT option on the car.
- Despite being pretty old, the current gen City still sells very well due to its strong brand image. However, with C+ segment sedan sales getting cannibalised by compact SUVs, it remains to be seen what Honda brings to the market to keep this segment alive.