2020 Honda City unveiled
- The fifth-generation Honda City has been officially revealed in Thailand. It is expected to launch in India in mid-2020.
- Now over 100 mm longer, 53 mm wider and 28 mm lower, the 2020 Honda City draws heavy inspiration from the Civic for its front design. The sides look relatively plain but the new character lines look quite sharp.
- The rear gets the most drastic changes when it comes to design. There are new longer LED tail lamps along and a clean clean bumper with vertically placed reflectors at each end.
- On the inside, the 2020 Honda City ditches the outgoing model’s cluttered dashboard for a symmetrical new design vertical AC vents. A large 8.0-inch infotainment system takes centre stage here. Also, the touch panel for AC controls has been replaced by a much more practical rotary dial-based interface.
- In Thailand, the City is offered with a new 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine which generates 120 bhp of power and 173 Nm of torque. There’s also a new 1.5 petrol with mild-hybrid tech onboard. Engine options for India are unconfirmed as of now.
- The Thai-spec 2020 City also comes with ample safety kit which includes 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, stability control, reverse camera and hill start assist.