2020 Hyundai i20 launched at Rs 6.79 lakh
- The highly-anticipated third-generation Hyundai i20 has been launched in India. It carries an introductory price range of Rs 6.79-11.17 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The 2020 version is longer and wider than the car it replaces. On the outside, it gets Hyundai’s edgy new design which is in line with that of the Verna facelift. Sharp character lines and chrome applique on the boot grant the car a really bold look.
- On the inside, the top-end variant of the 2020 i20 gets a brand new dashboard design with oodles of equipment such as 10.25-inch infotainment screen, BlueLink connected car tech, digital dials and wireless charging.
- There are abundant powertrain choices on the 2020 Hyundai i20 as well. You get a 1.2-litre petrol (82bhp/114Nm) mated to with a 5-speed manual gearbox or a CVT. Then, there’s a 1.0-ltre turbo petrol (118bhp/172Nm) with 6-speed iMT or a 7-speed dual-clutch auto.
- Then, there’s also a 1.5-litre diesel on offer but this engine only gets a 6-speed manual gearbox option.
- The 2020 i20 competes in India with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz and the Toyota Glanza.