2020 Hyundai ix25 unveiled; previews next-gen Creta
- At the ongoing 2019 Auto Shanghai, Hyundai has taken the wraps off the next-generation ix25 SUV. It is worth noting that the current ix25 is sold as the Creta in many markets, including India.
- The new model looks entirely different from the one it is set to replace. The overall design of the new ix25 is much more radical and full of quirky design elements, much like the latest Santa Fe and the upcoming Venue.
- In terms of the overall footprint, the new ix25 is 30 mm longer, 10 mm and 7 mm shorter versus the older model. Then, its wheelbase has also been increased by 20 mm.
- While the exterior of the new model may be polarising, its cabin is just the opposite – it features a clean and contemporary layout with a large iPad-style infotainment screen taking the centre stage.
- The next-gen Creta, which is expected in India by mid-2020, will be based on this new ix25. Industry rumours suggest that the former may look slightly different than the latter this time around. However, the underpinnings and the interior of both SUVs will be common.