2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 breaks cover
- Based on the facelifted GLC, the 2020 AMG GLC 63 has been revealed as the world’s fastest SUV to lap the famed Nurburgring racetrack.
- It will be offered in two variants – standard and S. Both use a 4.0-litre V8 twin-turbo petrol engine mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox. However, while the former produces 469 bhp and 650 Nm, the latter amps these figures up to 503 bhp and 700 Nm.
- The facelifted GLC 63 gets a thoroughly revised chassis with adaptive dampers, better air springs, 6-piston brakes and an electronic locking differential. Also new is a torque-splitting control unit which, as per the driving conditions, can continuously transfer power from the rear axle to front axle.
- Since it’s the most brutal GLC, it has an angry design as well. Compared to the standard model, this variant sports an AMG 63-series grille with vertical chrome slots, aggressive bumpers, side skirts, trapezoidal exhaust tips and a wider rear diffuser.
- The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 will be offered in both standard and Coupe body styles. While India launch is not yet confirmed, Merc does sell the less powerful AMG GLC 43 here for Rs 79 lakh (ex-showroom).