2020 Mercedes-Benz CLA spied
- The next-gen Mercedes-Benz CLA has been spotted testing wearing a light camouflage. The car is expected to go official early next year.
- The new CLA will coexist with the new A-Class sedan in Merc’s compact car lineup. The former will be more of a tradition saloon, while the latter – just like the current-gen model – will be a stylish 4-door coupe.
- Being based on the A-Class, the new CLA would also borrow its engines from the former. So, expect two 4-cylinder turbo petrols (1.3-litre and 2.0-litre) and a single 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel.
- Even the interior of all the new-gen Merc compacts feature a similar design language with turbine-style air vents, a dual-widescreen layout, new MBUX system, etc. We expect the new CLA to be no different.
- Moving on, the hardcore AMG variants of the CLA, most likely the CLA 35 and CLA 45 will also be revealed down the line.