2020 Toyota Corolla sedan unveiled
- Toyota has taken the wraps off the new twelfth-gen Corolla sedan in China. The car is wider and longer than its predecessor and sits lower as well.
- The Corolla sedan is revealed with two different designs – the one you see in the feature image above will be the car that will come to India as the new Corolla Altis. The second one, which you see below, is the North American model with a more aggressive face.
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla sedan, like its hatchback and wagon counterpart, sits atop the new TNGA platform that results in lower centre of gravity and wider front & rear tracks. The car is claimed to have greatly improved driving dynamics.
- Powering the 2020 Corolla is a new 2.0-litre petrol engine that makes 169 bhp and 205 Nm. Transmission options include a CVT and a new 6-speed manual. In Europe, the car will get two hybrid powertrains, though we don’t know if these will make their way on the India-spec car.
- Inside, the cabin remains identical to the hatchback and wagon. It has a minimalist, clean design with all amenities like an all-digital instrument cluster, an 8-inch infotainment system, WiFi hotspot, JBL speakers (in select markets), etc.