2020 Toyota Supra leaked ahead of official reveal
- The fifth-gen Supra sportscar has been teased by Toyota multiple times before it finally goes official in Detroit next year. However, a new spy photo has now fully revealed its front-end.
- The production model should not surprise anyone since it looks like a toned-down version of its concept preview, the FT-1. Also, Toyota had previously released a camouflaged prototype’s image, but now we have a clearer look at the Supra’s design.
- The new Toyota Supra is developed in collaboration with BMW and is closely related to the new Z4 since both cars sit atop the latter’s CLAR platform.
- The 2020 Supra is also expected to get the Z4’s 3.0-litre inline-6 engine which will generate around 330 bhp. Given Toyota’s obsession with hybrid tech, it won’t be surprising to see a performance-oriented Supra hybrid in future.
- The Supra is an iconic nameplate for Toyota. The sportscar was sold in four generations between 1978 and 2002. The fourth-gen model was also an essential part of the famous “Fast & Furious” movie franchise.