300bhp Mercedes-AMG A35 teased
- With the seventh generation Mercedes-Benz A-Class already on sale in Europe, the German carmaker has now officially teased the souped-up version of its sole hatchback.
- The Mercedes-AMG A35, as we know it, will debut at this year’s Paris Motor Show and will be positioned lower than the upcoming full-fat AMG A45.
- Aesthetically, there will be subtle differences in the A35 versus the standard model, which most notably include a big rear wing and a body kit to aid aerodynamics.
- Power output of the AMG A35 is said to be in the vicinity of 300 bhp, which will be extracted from a relatively tiny 2.0-litre unit thanks to turbocharging. This power will be sent to all the four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox.
- As with all AMGs, the A35 will be dynamically superior to the standard A-Class thanks to a stiffer suspension, better brakes and other performance-enhancing chassis tweaks.