Airtel launches Wynk Tube to rival Youtube
- Airtel’s popular music streaming service Wynk has been expanded into a video streaming service as well.
- Called Wynk Tube, this new service is aimed at tier 2 and tier 3 cities of India. The primary content on the platform is music in Hindi, English and 12 regional languages – both audio and video.
- Wynk Tube is deeply integrated with Wynk Music and just like the latter, Airtel users can use this platform for free, which includes getting access to unlimited streaming and downloads.
- Non-Airtel users will get ads if the use this service without any subscription. Wynk Premium users, on the other hand, will get access to Wynk Tube as a part of their ongoing plan.
- Airtel claims that currently, this platform has around 40 lakh songs and their videos. However, this app is only available on Android as of now.