All-new Toyota Camry Hybrid India launch in January 2019
- The eighth-generation Toyota Camry Hybrid is likely to launch in India in mid-January 2019. The conventional petrol-powered Camry is expected to arrive a bit later.
- The 2019 Camry looks drastically different from the outgoing car. It’s front is dominated by a super wide lower grille that’s flanked by sleek headlamps. The rear of the saloon now looks very Lexus-esque.
- The Hybrid variant uses a 2.5 litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine in combination with an electric motor. Combined, this setup generates 208 bhp of max power and 202 Nm of peak torque. Power is fed to the front wheels via a CVT gearbox.
- The cabin of the new model sports a fresh design with loads of standard equipment such as leather upholstery, wireless charging pad, 8.0-inch infotainment system, head-up display, ventilated seats, three-zone climate control, etc. However, it’s not yet known how many of these features will make it to the India-spec car.
- The 2019 Camry Hybrid will be positioned in the Rs 37-40 lakh price bracket. This will make it quite a bit more expensive than the Skoda Superb and Volkswagen Passat.