Apple iPhone XS, XS Max official; India launch on September 28
- As expected, the 2018 Apple iPhone XS series consists of two models – iPhone XS and the larger iPhone XS Max. Powering both new iPhones is Apple’s new A12 Bionic chipset which is claimed to be the world’s first SoC to be based on a 7 nm finFET process.
- Aesthetically, the iPhone XS looks exactly similar to its predecessor albeit it comes in a new golden colour. The iPhone XS Max gets a bigger 6.5-inch display but retains the same aesthetic overall. Both iPhone XS and XS Max have a notched AMOLED screen with 120 Hz refresh rate.
- Coming to cameras, both new iPhones have a dual 12MP setup on the back. The primary sensor is an all-new wide-angle f/1.8 camera with the other one is a telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture. Apple has introduced new Smart HDR feature for better details and an adjustable depth of field. The front camera is a 7MP f/2.2 unit.
- Additional upgrades over the iPhone X include wider stereo sound from the speakers, faster Face ID and improved water resistance (IP68). Apple has also focused on improving the iPhone XS series’ AR capabilities and therefore collaborated with various third party developers to bring better experience through the AR Kit 2.
- For the first time, both the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max feature dual SIM capabilities. However, all countries around the world, albeit China, will get this feature through an inbuilt secondary eSIM card, which will be offered only by selected carriers (Jio, Airtel and Vodafone in India).