Apple Watch Series 4 revealed with ECG sensor
- The Apple Watch has got its most significant update since its inception. The new version is called the Series 4 and it starts at US $399 for the base variant.
- It now gets a larger end to end display, a brand new bespoke S4 chipset and host of new health-focused sensors including a new electrocardiogram (ECG) monitor. Users have to open an app and put their finger on the digital crown to trigger the ECG function.
- Apple has worked with the FDA to develop the Watch Series 4’s health related sensors and apps. The Watch can now sense when someone has a hard fall and then calls an emergency service if the user doesn’t move for one minute after a fall.
- The watchOS has also been updated to go with the new larger screen. It can now show more information on the screen across various apps. There are also new watch faces that can interact with the display.
- The Apple Watch Series 4’s digital crown has been updated with haptic feedback. Additionally, the microphone and the speaker have been improved for better voice call quality.