Apple Watch’s ECG feature has already saved a life
- The Apple Watch Series 4’s most hyped feature has been its inbuilt Electrocardiogram (ECG) sensor, which only became functional last week in the USA via an update.
- In this brief time, this feature has allegedly already saved a Reddit user’s life.
- The person has claimed that shortly after enabling the ECG feature on his Apple Watch Series 4, he received an abnormal heart-rate notification on the watch. Consequently, he took a quick ECG reading, which claimed that he was experiencing an atrial fibrillation (Afib).
- The user went to a doctor to verify if this was correct, and after a brief checkup, it indeed came out to be true! The person is now undergoing further diagnosis to help him overcome this problem.
- Sounds great, doesn’t it? However, it must be kept in mind that your India-spec Apple Watch Series 4 will never warn you of such an event because the ECG feature is only available in the USA.