Apple working on over-ear headphones with beamforming
- A new patent filed by Apple suggests that the company is working on its first ever pair of over-ear headphones with beamforming tech from its HomePod speaker.
- Beamforming on the HomePod adjusts to the speaker’s sound output to the shape of the room and also allow Siri commands to be easily operated while playing loud music.
- The same tech on Apple headphones could possibly make them reversible, meaning that users will not have to care about left or right cup sides because the headphones will automatically adjust their output by detecting the orientation.
- As per the patent, the headphone could also possibly separate speech from background noises like wind or traffic during phone calls thanks to onboard microphones.
- There is no report regarding when these Apple headphones will be fully revealed. We’ll have to wait for more leaks and rumours to confirm this.