ASEAN-spec Toyota Camry revealed
- The ASEAN version of the new eighth-gen Toyota Camry been revealed in Thailand. This model is likely to be launched in India next year.
- Aesthetically, it’s quite similar to the North American-spec Camry with minor differences. The front is dominated by swept-back headlamps and a massive lower grille. The rear is also quite angular and takes some influence from the modern Lexus saloons.
- Inside, there’s a stylish new cabin with all creature comforts like leather upholstery, wireless charging pad, 8.0-inch infotainment system, head-up display, ventilated seats, three-zone climate control, etc.
- Based on Toyota’s new modular TNGA platform, the new Camry has a longer wheelbase as compared to its predecessor, thereby freeing more interior room. The North American-spec model is also praised for its balanced driving dynamics, however, it’s yet to be seen if the ASEAN-spec model retains the same characteristics.
- The model on sale in Thailand gets three powertrain options – two petrol and one hybrid. It is likely that the hybrid variant, along with the more powerful 2.5-litre, 206 bhp petrol variant will launch in India.