Asus ROG Phone 2 debuts with Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC
- The new Asus Zenfone 2 is the world’s first phone to be powered by the new Snapdragon 855 Plus chip. It come paired with 12GB of RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The battery capacity here is a gigantic 6,000mAh.
- To avoid thermal throttling, the ROG Phone 2 uses vents that lead the heat away from the vapour chamber to the external vents. It also comes with new AeroActive Cooler II in the box which can be hooked on to the device to keep it cooler.
- The phone also rocks a 120 Hz display with 1ms latency. The panel here is a 6.59-inch AMOLED unit with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. There’s also 10-bit HDR support on board.
- The phone features a slim-bezel design because it has front-facing stereo speakers with DTS:X Ultra support. Despite this, Asus has retained the 3.5 mm headphone jack here.
- In terms of optics, the Asus ROG Phone 2 comes with a 48MP Sony IMX586 primary rear sensor combined with a 13MP wide-angle lens with 125-degree field of view. The selfie camera here is a 24MP module here.