Asus ROG Phone 3 launched at Rs 49,999
- The Asus ROG Phone 3 gaming smartphone has been launched in India at Rs 49,999-57,999. It will go on sale from August 6 via Flipkart.
- It is one of the first phones to be powered by the new Snapdragon 865+ chipset. On the ROG Phone 3, the CPU is clocked at 3.09 GHz! You get 8GB12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- However, the base 8GB/128GB version is called the Strix Edition which is powered by the standard Snapdragon 865, not the plus version.
- Asus has bundled the AeroActive Cooler 3 physical cooling fan with this phone. The vent on the phone’s back allows this fan to blow air on the copper heat sink that’s 6x larger than before.
- The smartphone’s 6.6-inch AMOLED screen offers an ultra-quick 144 Hz refresh rate. There are minimal bezels at the top and bottom of the display, allowing for a better grip while gaming. Like before, there’s a large 6,000 mAh battery and with 30W USB PD fast charging support.
- You get ultrasonic shoulder buttons on the ROG Phone 3 which are customizable – you can split each into two buttons for added gaming controls.
- The primary rear camera setup on this phone includes a 64MP Sony IMX686 primary sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle shooter and a 5MP dedicated macro lens. The primary camera can record 8K videos at 30 fps or 4K at 120 fps. For selfies, there’s a 24MP sensor up front.
- Like always, you get an overdose of official gaming accessories with the ROG Phone 3, which include, but are not limited to, Kunai 3 controller, TwinView Dock 3, Lighting Armor Case 3, etc.