Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 launch date revealed
- Asus Indonesia has officially released a teaser of the upcoming Zenfone Max Pro M2. At the same time, the teaser also confirms that the device will debut on December 11, 2018.
- The biggest selling point of the current Zenfone Max Pro M1 – its gigantic 5,000mAh battery – will be carried over to its successor. However, it’s quite likely that fast-charging would still not be offered to keep the price competitive.
- The very obvious change is the addition of the notch on the Zenfone Max Pro M2. This notch now also houses an LED flash to accompany the front 13MP f/2.0 camera. The rear camera setup is said to comprise of a 12MP f/1.8 Sony IMX486 sensor accompanied by a second 5MP depth sensor.
- Moving on, the upcoming device will get a welcome chipset upgrade. There will now be the more powerful Snapdragon 660 instead of the Snapdragon 636 on the M1. Asus is using the #NextGenerationGaming in its teaser, hinting that there may be some GPU Turbo like tech onboard.
- The full design of the Max Pro M2 has been revealed thanks to the leaks you see below. It sports a prominent chin below the screen and a new glass back.