Ather 450X electric scooter launched
- The fast-growing electric scooter market in India has a new enterant as the Ather 450X has been launched at Rs 99,000 (ex-showroom). Additionally, owners will have to pay Rs 1,699-1,999 as a monthly subscription fee over the base price.
- Interestingly, the subscription plan you pay for determines the performance and range figures of this scooter. With the Plus plan (Rs 1,699), the 450X makes 5.4 kW of power and 22 Nm of torque. The range on a single charge with this plan is 75 km and the usable battery capacity is 2.4kWh.
- The Pro plan (Rs 1,999), the Ather 450X will generate 6 kW of power, 26 Nm of torque and a claimed top speed of 80 km/. The battery’s capacity here is 2.7 kW and the range is increased to 85 km on a full charge.
- A full charge on this new electric scooter takes 5 hours and 45 minutes. 0-80 per cent charge is achieved in a relatively faster 3 hour 35 minute mark.
- The instrument console of the Ather 450X consists of a 7.0-inch display that runs on Android Open Source Project. The scooter is now also 4G LTE enabled and comes fitted with Bluetooth 4.2.
- Ather, a domestic startup based in Bengaluru, initially plans to sell the 450X in Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Pune and Hyderabad.