Audi e-Tron GT concept unveiled
- Adding a second model to its all-electric lineup, Audi has showcased the e-Tron GT concept at the ongoing LA Auto Show.
- The e-Tron GT – which has a 4-door coupe construction with stunning design elements all around – will morph into a production-ready car by 2020 and will then go head-on against the Tesla Model S.
- The car has a 90 kWh lightweight battery which sits between the axles on its flat floor architecture. The body of the car, which is a mix of carbon fibre, aluminium and high-strength steel, is also constructed with weight saving in mind.
- The Audi e-Tron GT is propelled by permanently excited synchronous motors, one per axle. This grants it a power output of 434 kW (about 582 bhp), therefore allowing it sprint from 0-100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds.
- The range of the car is expected to be around 400 km on the WLTP cycle. The batteries can recharge from 0-80 per cent in just 20 minutes using an 800V charging system.