Audi SQ2 breaks cover
- Ahead of its scheduled debut at the 2018 Paris Motor Show, the Audi SQ2 performance compact SUV has been digitally revealed. Only a single front image of the vehicle has been released as yet.
- Mechanically, the SQ2 is closely related to other performance-oriented products within the Volkswagen Group. Powering it is a turbocharged 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that develops 296 bhp and 400 Nm and makes the SUV go from 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds.
- Then, a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox feeds power to the SQ2’s all four wheels through Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive system. The multi-plate clutch on the SQ2 can transfer up to 100 per cent torque to the rear within milliseconds if the front tyres lose traction.
- The standard S sports suspension lowers SQ2 by 20 mm versus the standard Q2. Audi also claims to have put an improved steering wheel with a greater steering angle that helps improve agility when manoeuvring.
- Aesthetically, the SQ2 has all the S series elements – blacked out parts, bigger air intakes, larger wheels, Alcantara treatment on the inside, sports seats, etc.