Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift revealed with petrol engine
- The best-selling UV of India, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, has got an updated look along with a major mechanical change at the 2020 Auto Expo. The updated 2020 model’s prices will be announced later this month.
- The 2020 Brezza debuts with a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine with SHVS mild-hybrid tech. It pumps out 103 bhp and 138 Nm. Interestingly, only the new 4-speed automatic version gets the SHVS tech, the 5-speed manual version gives it a miss.
- Aesthetically, the compact SUV gets a shiny new grille, reprofiled bumpers, updates headlamps with new DRLs and new alloy wheel design. Overall, it looks largely similar to the pre-facelift model and updates need to be carefully noticed.
- On the inside, the changes are minimal as well. The main addition here is the new-generation SmartPlay Studio 7.0-inch infotainment system and a refreshed interior trim. On the equipment front, automatic wipers are also on offer now.
- It remains to be seen how the 2020 Brezza’s transition from a diesel-only offering to a petrol-only offering affects its sales. As of now, Maruti Suzuki has no BS6-compliant diesel engine to fit into its compact cars.