Auto Expo 2020: MG Hector Plus breaks cover
- At Auto Expo 2020, Morris Garages has revealed a longer version of the popular Hector which can accommodate a third row of seats. It’s called Hector Plus and it will launch in India during the second half of 2020.
- The MG Hector Plus is 40 mm longer than the standard Hector. It will be offered as either a 6-seater or a 7-seater, with the former getting captain chairs in its second row.
- However, along with additional seats also come many styling differences. The Plus version looks more refined than the standard Hector thanks to its all-black grille, different design for the bumpers, and a unique design for its headlamp/ foglamp cluster. The connected LED strip for the tail lamps is eliminated on the Plus model.
- Mechanically though, the Hector Plus remains identical to the standard model. So, it will be powered by the familiar 1.5-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel engine options.
- When launched, the Hector Plus will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Tata Gravitas.